Monday, July 14, 2014

Painted Church Pew

I hope you're not tired of hearing me talk about the 12th and White Sale yet...because there's much more to come! : ) My talented friend Joey will be doing most of the furniture for the sale (and she has some amazing pieces up her sleeve!) but I will contribute a few furniture items as well. I'm especially excited about this great antique church pew I found and painted!


It's about 7.5 feet long (bigger than my own white church pew) and super sturdy. Right now it's just hanging out in my living room waiting for the sale. Actually I think it will come in handy as extra seating at a shower I'm hosting soon, but it definitely takes up quite a bit of space in our fully-furnished living room.



It's painted in Benjamin Moore's Coventry gray, and I think it's just so pretty and classic. I know chalk/milk paint is all the rage but I do love Benjamin Moore paints for all sorts of projects.



Don't you just love the little bulls eye medallions and curved arms?


When I bought it it was a glossy bright red/orange/coral color. Actually pretty fun if you're a person who likes color, but I knew it wouldn't fit in with the aesthetic of my sale : ) I sanded it down (which got red dust everywhere), primed it and gave it two coats of Coventry Gray. It will also be sealed with furniture wax for durability.



The price is $195 and I think it would make a darling addition to an entry, hallway, or as seating at a large farmhouse table. 


I'm hoping it will go to a good home September 6, but until then I certainly don't mind enjoying it a bit!


Would you put a pretty gray church pew in your house? Where?

Courtney

9 comments:

  1. Great bench..wish I lived closer cause I would buy it!! I am from Canada.. benches like that sell for over $300 so I would price it a bit higher cause its so nice!! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I do see them go for a lot quite often, but I'm a bargain hunter so I try to keep prices pretty reasonable...not that I'd mind if it went for more than that! : )

      Delete
  2. If only your sale was a just a smidge closer (like California closer haha) Great church pew! I would totally use on and use at our dining table! xoxo ~Ashley shehimthem.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And I love your entire living room! I'd love to have a church pew but haven't come across any good deals on one. Still looking for our entry way. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful room. You did a great job on the pew. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Visiting from the Inspire Me Please party. Love your room (and the bench). Coventry Gray is, as you said, classic and I just love how it looks on your bench. So much better than the red. Nice job and glad I found some new eye candy!
    Michelle @ Dandelion Patina
    www.dandelionpatina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shell! So glad to have you!

      Delete
  6. I can't get over this room. I immediately pinned it so that I can keep checking it out as inspiration for our family room. That pew is beyond beautiful. The color is perfect. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It completely makes my day to hear from readers! {I usually respond to comments by email. If you're using blogger, make sure that your email is visible for replies. You can change this in your profile settings. Thanks!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...