Friday, January 17, 2014

Powder Room Progress & Updates

TGIF! Is anyone else as glad it's Friday as I am?! This weekend is the monthly Cottage sale (the store I'm a part of) plus I hope to make some headway on the powder room and begin painting our guest room.

I have been doing quite a bit of collecting for the powder room, but so far haven't actually started redecorating. As a refresh, here is my inspiration board:


And here are some lovely before shots...I even left the trash in the wastecan for you : )



As you can see, nothing really wrong with the space, it's just pretty basic. I'm hoping to pretty it up a bit! I think a new mirror and fresh accessories will make a big difference. Here's what I've found so far:


The shelves are from Target, and came in a two-pack for $30 (with pretty brackets, too). The wastecan and candle are also from Target - I love the way the candle smells! When I planned the room, though, I had a hobnail candle in mind (not sure why, just what I thought of). I discovered that World Market just came out with these so I'm thinking about trading, just to get the look I had envisioned.


The frame, orchid and jar are all from TJ Maxx. I bartered the wreath through my store. I still need to purchase the fabric for the sink skirt and roman shade, but it's coming together!


I also finally got the window treatments up in the living room. They make everything so light and bright!


For Christmas, I got this beautiful trumeau mirror from Pier 1 to go above our dining table. I absolutely love it, but I am debating painting it white to stand out a little more against the walls and chandelier.

 What do you think? Paint or no?

Things are coming along...always a project! What will you be up to this weekend?
{live beautifully}
Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Cannot wait for my official tour - TWO weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It completely makes my day to hear from readers! {I usually respond to comments by email. If you're using blogger, make sure that your email is visible for replies. You can change this in your profile settings. Thanks!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...