Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Our Christmas Living Room- Part 2


Hello friends! I'm back with the second half of the Christmas living room tour. If you missed the first half, click here. This year this side of the room was so much fun to decorate. I now have a much bigger table in the corner to add festive touches to, as well as several new pieces of decor. I had a blast styling it all!


Here you can see I kept the large 8-pane window on the farmhouse table, and just decorated around it. It adds such height and character to the room.



How many pieces of architectural salvage can you put on one wall? I'm sure I'll reach the limit one day, but not just yet!


I bought these mercury glass pieces at Nell Hill's in September and saved them for Christmas. I simply piled them on a vintage silver cake plate with lots of fresh greenery underneath for depth and color. Mercury glass is my absolute favorite at Christmas!




I use it on our tree as well, as most of our ornaments are silver or mercury glass.



If you'd like to make your own silhouette ornaments, you can read a tutorial from last year here. Or they are available for sale at The Cottage Collective : )


I had so much fun making this evergreen arrangement in a vintage cast iron urn. I used this photo as my inspiration and went from there. First I added the curly willow I already had, followed by fresh greens from the yard, then evergreen picks from Nell Hill's, topped off with silver balls tucked into the branches. It's one of my favorite touches this year!




My other favorite decoration? Still this little grapevine sleigh from the Target dollar bin...go figure!



Our little side table got a dose of these darling zinc Christmas trees that Matt's aunt and uncle sent us last year. Love them!




Hope you enjoyed our little Christmas living room! This will probably be the last Christmas we are in our itty bitty first apartment, as we're hoping to begin looking for a house this spring. But we'll enjoy being tucked in here for one more holiday season! Thank you for coming by!

{live beautifully}
Courtney

9 comments:

  1. Just beautiful!!! Love the small wreath on the window - and love your dollar bin sleigh too!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda sua decoração.
    Amei tudo.
    Tenha uma ótima semana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EVERYTHING looks absolutely perfect! You are so talented, you should come and do my place for me. (Smiles)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Capital "G" as in gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have I told you lately how amazing you are?! It's true!

    Now since you're finished with yours, you can come do mine :D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Holiday decorations are fantastic. I love all the white and silver with touches of green from the fresh greenery. It's stunning.

    And here I was enjoying my humble decorations, until now, looks like I may have to rethink a few things. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all so pretty, Courtney!!!! Sweet, simple, rustic, and feminine all rolled into one!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your white Christmas decor! I have that too. Your home is beautiful. You have the touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It completely makes my day to hear from readers! {I usually respond to comments by email. If you're using blogger, make sure that your email is visible for replies. You can change this in your profile settings. Thanks!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...