Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Vintage Find: Bird Cages

Something I've had my eye out for lately has been a vintage bird cage. I think they add so much charm and whimsy to a space, and they are usually in beautiful and unique shapes too.


Imagine my delight when I found this sweet antique green cage at the flea market a few weeks ago.




At only $15, it was a great find. It now sits atop my {ever-changing} coffee table. Although I have to admit, everything on there is truly what was laying in the living room when I took these photos...it wasn't actually intentional haha. 


The cage was covered in dirt when I found it, but after a good scrubbing it revealed this wonderful deep aqua green color with tons of patina.




I guess finds must come in pairs, because I also found this awesome wire cage a few days later. This thing was seriously so cool. But, sadly, I took it to the shop and it sold within an hour. It was a great find though!


What have you found lately? Are bird cages your thing?

{live beautifully}
Courtney

I'm linking to Feathered Nest Fridays at French Country Cottage.

6 comments:

  1. Your bird cages are soo lovely, and I just love your butter pats, too! My fave type is the chunky plain white, too! I have 4 or 5 of them and adore them. But, I am still always tempted to buy other types, too. ;o)

    Thanks for sharing your pretties! Love your photos!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bird cages and aren't you a lucky gal for your find?! I'm a scrounging, collecting queen. A couple of months ago, my daughter was dragged by her best friend to a junk sale in a small town near their home. She got the CUTEST old bird cage I've ever seen, for $3.00!!! I begged her for it, she is neither a junker nor a collector and she likes all things new. She would not give it to me. She said the lady that ran the sale told her to take it home, scrub it up and paint it aqua. NOW, she loves it. Wish that woman at the sale wouldn't said anything to her!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those bird cages! They are simply lovely. Great finds! I am your newest follower. I hope you can visit me sometime:)
    I would love for you to come by and link this up to my weekend Linky Party called Rustic Restorations Weekend.
    http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/2012/06/rustic-restorations-weekend-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful birdcage & great price! I love your styling of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the styling of those bird cages in the living/family room. Has a nice, warm feeling to it.
    -Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It completely makes my day to hear from readers! {I usually respond to comments by email. If you're using blogger, make sure that your email is visible for replies. You can change this in your profile settings. Thanks!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...