Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our Wedding

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope it finds you well and well-loved, be it by your family, friends, husband or boyfriend, I hope today is something extraordinary for you.

In honor of the day of love, I thought I would {finally} share with you some of our wedding pictures. I had big plans of hosting a "wedding week" with a daily post on each section of our wedding day, followed by a linky party for you to link up your own weddings, but as usual life has gotten in the way. Things are a bit crazy here what with opening a new shop, and some big/exciting/scary changes in my professional life as well. No worries...I am superwoman and can run a brick and mortar shop, online shop, handle a major career change, blog, keep my home gorgeously decorated and spotlessly clean, workout like a celebrity and have a healthy dinner on the table by 6....NOT. Needless to say, I'm a little behind at life in general so I'm thrilled to be getting this post up at all : ) Tell me...how do you keep your life in balance? I'm sure my duties pale in comparison to some of yours, especially to those of you with children!

Ok, enough of the life-dump and on with the show : )

Our Wedding: June 17

{Getting Ready}


My maids of honor, my best friend and sister, helping me into my garter. I think the top right picture is so adorable- my cousin/flowergirl mimicing me putting the garter on. Bottom picture: all my girls' hands on me as they prayed for me before the ceremony. That was such a special moment.


My mom helping me fasten the string of pearls my dad gave her on their wedding day. Bottom left: my handsom groom getting ready. The guy behind him is our dear friend Stephen. We didn't think he could be at the wedding because of a conflict, but he surprised us at the last minute and drove overnight to be there for the big day. That was one of the very best presents we received!


I love the shot of my dad holding the mirror for me so I can touch up my lipgloss.

{Formal Portraits}


All the guys. I loved their dove gray tuxes! Plus I love the picture of my mama, sister and me...so special!

I loooooved my bouquet! It was made up of my three favorite flowers, peonies, ranunculus and hydrangeas, and hand wrapped with lace and pearls. Aren't our flower girls and ring bearers so sweet?


All my girls! They were gorgeous!! My mom looked amazing too, as you can see!





{The Ceremony}

The ceremony begins! plus a few shots of our stationery.


Here I come! I walked down the aisle to a pre-recorded song, All Creatures of Our God and King by David Crowder Band. It took longer than we thought for everyone to get down the aisle so I had to force them to open the doors for me before the song ended. In this picture my dad is still asking me if we really are going now...I knew we had to : )


Matt's looking very serious in that top shot : ) I think our ceremony was pretty laid back though, and we had lots of fun.


I so love this shot of us praying together after lighting the unity candle. So gorgeous.


Our first kiss as husband and wife!



Leaving the church as a married couple. We couldn't be happier!

{Outdoor Formals}


This was our Christmas card pic and the one we got our largest print of. I love it!


I die every time I look at this picture. It's like Pride and Prejudice, right?!


Fave picture of me...and the one you guys probably recognize from blogger/pinterest.





He's just so handsome : )



I love this one because it was totally candid...just us squealing to each other that we're finally married!



This one hangs above our couch. So romantic.


One of my very favorites from the day. A sweet moment captured.


Our super sassy wedding party. Love them!



Celebrating!


The guys look so awesome in this one!



This might be one of the best wedding pictures ever taken. Matt loves this one!


My sweet girls in their dove gray dresses.

{The Reception}


French Macarons! It was a very big deal to me to have these there, though I never got to taste one.


The dessert table. I wish we had a better pic because of how much time and energy was spent planning and decorating it. It included vintage cake stands and tableware, a cupcake tree, our lace-trimmed wedding cake (handmade by my best friend who is a total rockstar!) French macarons, a mini-candy bar with white candies in apothecary jars and treat bags with our monogram hand-stamped on them, as well as napkins I spent hours painstakingly stamping with a custom Eat, Drink and Be Married stamp. Shout out to my bridesmaids and my mom's best friends who helped me with the stamping/prep and putting it together!


Our whole wedding party "rocked it" into the reception, and I love this picture of two of our closest friends Kevin and Megan breakin' it down. They made such a fun pair for the evening!!


I have come to really love this picture, and it's currently framed on top of our dresser. This is just before we cut the cake. The cake topper was my grandparents'.






We had cupcakes for our guests, as our cake was just a small cutting cake for us. I love cupcakes and think they are so charming so I was excited to do that for the wedding.


Laughing out loud at the hilarious toasts!


Tossing the bouquet


And my bff caught it!


I totally love the looks on our faces here! Too cute!


Success!


The best idea ever...tie the garter around a football with a $50 in it. The guys won't stand there and stare when the garter is thrown anymore!


This might be my favorite picture from the day. It was snapped during our first dance.


So sweet.


Dancin' with my daddy.


Such a special, meaningful pic of Matt dancing with his mom.

Well, there it is, our wedding! This wasn't even half our photos or half the stories and memories behind the day, and I wish I had the time to share them all! It truly was the best day of my life and every detail was perfect. But the best part isn't the wedding, it's the days, months and years that come after, and I couldn't be more thrilled to see what comes next on the ride called marriage to my very best friend! Love you babe!

Happy Valentine's Day!

{live beautifully}
Courtney


15 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I've been looking forward to seeing these! What a gorgeous wedding! You look stunningly beautiful!! I love all the beautiful touches. It looks like it was a wonderful day. Happy first valentine's day as husband and wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Cried all the way through - what a beautiful, fun day we had! Wish it didn't pass by so quickly! Thanks for taking me back through it on Valentine's Day!
    I'm so proud of you guys & so happy for you and your lives together!

    Love you, Mr & Mrs Browning!!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ~~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/14/2012

    Oh, Courtney, you two are so darn cute. What a beautiful wedding party and venue. Your parents look so young. May you enjoy many wonderful years together. Happy Valentine's Day. By the way, this was the perfect day to post your wedding pictures for your followers to view. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely breathtaking Courtney!!! You are so beautiful and you and your husband make a stunning couple!!
    Isn't it fun being newly married? I miss that special time between my husband and I. A new life with endless possibilities ahead!
    Congrats and thank you so much for sharing!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bride you were! Your husband is a cutie and you make a picture perfect couple. Love the pictures of your Mama and Daddy, I can see where you get your fabulous looks. Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Courtney, I forgot to tell you. I've been married for 33 years to my biggest crush, I've raised 2 children and worked and volunteered in every area I can imagine. I realized when my children were in grade school that my life was never going to be "in balance". There would be days, even weeks where I was always playing "catch up" and then times when all ran in perfect synchronicity. Such is the ebb and flow of life and you know what? Nothing ever really goes undone, my kids never went to school without their homework finished or their uniforms not clean and pressed or not eating breakfast. Many times, my house looked like a family "lived" there and I really mean LIVED there, and sometimes we ate hot dogs for dinner, but it all balanced out because we were happy (we still are :) ) because God was working our lives and we let Him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful bride you made and what a gorgeous wedding, thanks for sharing them! My own wedding was three years ago but I still love looking back at the photos! :) xo K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous wedding! I loved seeing all of your photos!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Courtney!
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful wedding pics; your dress and flowers are so simple and elegant and classic; gives me inspiration for my wedding...which has yet to happen, lol!
    Anyway, lovely photos,
    have a great week,
    Jenah xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful album to browse through!
    You looked absolutely stunning, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful wedding. I loved every detail. Thank you for sharing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many gorgeous photographs and yet I want MORE! Going back for another look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just reading this...you were a beautiful bride! Love your hair! Your photographer was truly talented with original poses! I am saving this post in my files for my daughters weddings.They are 21&17 and yes I have been saving ideas for YEARS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i just stumbled on your blog from the linky party at centsational girl, and i love your style! 7 years since my big day, and i still love looking at the pictures, and now our son asks to look at our album all the time so we get to relive the amazing day over and over! you were a beautiful bride and i wish you both many years of happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved thse pics. I can see you love the color gray as much as I do. Those bridesmaids dresses were beautiful but NOT as beautiful as you were. The pictures did not need words, your faces tell the story. ♥


    ~ Lisa ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It completely makes my day to hear from readers! {I usually respond to comments by email. If you're using blogger, make sure that your email is visible for replies. You can change this in your profile settings. Thanks!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...