Monday, January 9, 2012

Unexpected Valentine


Happy Monday friends! The last few weeks I have been junking/antiquing/bartering/thrifting/buying lots and lots for the new shop. Needless to say, quite a few things have come home with me. Almost all are in the garage, waiting to be cleaned and price for our spring opening. But there were a few little things, three to be exact, that I knew would remain with me.



As I was cleaning up from Christmas, these three things sort of came together on the coffee table, and I knew they'd make the perfect Valentine vignette. It wasn't my intention to begin decorating for Valentine's quite so early, but it all just worked.



The footed ironstone bowl, sweet little sugar dish and antique book are the three things I've decided I'll probably keep. Hey, three out of several hundred items isn't so bad, right?




I added a mercury glass heart ($1.50 at TJ Maxx from Christmas clearance), some pinecones and a few of my DIY ornaments to the bowl.




The sugar dish is filled with tarnished flatware I picked up recently. The detailing on old flatware is gorgeous, and I rather like it tarnished.




I couldn't resist the coral book from an antique store in Lawrence. I have another book with a similar portrait on the cover, and I'm afraid I may need to start a collection. The antique portraits are just so lovely.


So there's a little {early} Valentine's decor for you. Have you started pulling out the red and hearts yet, or are you still trying to get past Christmas?

{live beautifully}
Courtney

I'm linking to Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia and The Valentine Party at Dear Lillie

8 comments:

  1. This is a really lovely collection of items...each so sweet and unique. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful "vintage-y" vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Courtney,

    I just came across your beautiful blog via browsing through etsy shops - and just love, love, love it! It is similar to my style!!! :) I hope you are enjoying decorating your new home with your hubby. :) Signing up as your newest follower. :)


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    acozycottageinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created a beautiful vignette proving you don't need red to have a happy Valentine's Day! Love it!

    Your newest follower,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the rolled up paper tied with a ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came over from your Dear Lillie Link, and I am so glad I did! What an adorable blog! I love your Vday decor!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It completely makes my day to hear from readers! {I usually respond to comments by email. If you're using blogger, make sure that your email is visible for replies. You can change this in your profile settings. Thanks!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...