Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lavande

On a trip to the market the other day I spied some potted lavender among the fall pumpkins and mums. I have never seen potted lavender for sale before so I jumped at the chance to take home a plant.




I've tried to grow my own from seeds and that never works out. At least I can enjoy this already grown version for a little while ... that is, if I can keep it alive. Gardening is definitely not my strength : )




I wrapped the plastic pot in some burlap and tied it with twine. It looks right at home on our coffee table with chippy finials. So very French farmhouse, oui?




{live beautifully}
Courtney

PS- that French grainsack-like runner on the table is available in my etsy shop. I'm gonna have a hard time letting that one go : )

Linking to Farmhouse Fridays at Laurie Anna's.

7 comments:

  1. Love your burlap treatment! Looks sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so beautiful, so French country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Courtney,
    Such beautiful photos and your home is just lovely!!
    I just found your blog and so happy I did!
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful home! Plus I'm crazy for lavender. :)
    Hugs Rosemary...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple, yet beautiful... my favorite kind of vignette! Love lavender and love chippy white things! :)
    ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Courtney, Ironically, my husband bought a pot of lavender I wanted today. The lady at the gardening place (called Enchanted Gardens, which is a wonderful place) said you don't water it much at all... and it will last. She planted it in the ground and just left it and it went crazy! I just stumbled across your blog, btw. Love it! Hope your lavender brings you much happiness!
    http://honeybrookefarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lavender wrapped in burlap looks beautiful on your coffee table. I just posted today about a big basket full of lavender that I was able to harvest. It smells so wonderful, doesnt' it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It completely makes my day to hear from readers! {I usually respond to comments by email. If you're using blogger, make sure that your email is visible for replies. You can change this in your profile settings. Thanks!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...