Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Favorite Things: Winter Edition

You know that song from The Sound of Music, "My Favorite Things?" Well, while I love the song and the movie, I've never considered it a Christmas song. For some reason though, it seems like it's become a Christmas classic ... maybe that line about snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes. Who knows?


Anyway, when I first started blogging I did a weekly feature called Favorite Things Friday. Since then my blog has changed and morphed a bit and I haven't posted on that topic in a while. But in the spirit of the holidays and Julie Andrews hopping on a bed singing to children, I thought I'd update you on what I've been loving this winter. So here goes...

1. Dr. Hunt's Rosewater Glycerin Hand Creme


This hand lotion is sooo soothing during the cold winter months and smells absolutely divine!

2. Anthro




Well, that's a year-round love affair, but they always make things that are my favorite. Now if they just weren't so darn expensive...

3. Tea Towels



I have no idea why, but I have a slight obsession with tea towels. They could be so ordinary but so many of them are works of art. I've even made curtains out of them.

4. Lavender


Again, a year-round love but I happen to have a lot of dried lavender and several bars of lavender soap being stored in my room while I'm living with my parents and I love walking in and smelling the heavenly scent!

5. Orange Leaf


If you haven't tried this amazing self-serve frozen yogurt GO GET SOME! Seriously, the best stuff ever in tons of unique flavors, low to no fat and a whole entire toppings bar. My favorite is red velvet yogurt with cheese cake bites and slivered almonds.

6. Decorating with white


I just can't get enough. Ever.

7. Waxing Poetic necklaces


These beautiful hand-stamped charms are so lovely. I wear my "C" stamp necklace almost every day.

8. Cake stands



Always on my favorite things list, and perfect to spice up holiday decor/centerpieces/baked goods.

9. My snuggly boots

You've already heard about how much I love them, but seriously, they are amazing!

Well that's what I'm raving about this winter. How about you? What are your favorite things? I think bloggers have the best tips and new products, so please share!

{live beautifully}
Courtney

5 comments:

  1. We share a number of favourite things! Have an awesome week!
    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. g'day!

    just stopping by to say hello and thanks for coming out of Lurkdom at my place!

    oh I just love those measuring cups...oh and glad you liked the vanilla sugar recipe

    sarah
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! You are both awesome! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your favorite things! Each and every one...

    Thanks for visiting me,

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12/14/2010

    Mom said...

    You, my dear, are one of my MOST favorite things!!!!
    ~~xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It completely makes my day to hear from readers! {I usually respond to comments by email. If you're using blogger, make sure that your email is visible for replies. You can change this in your profile settings. Thanks!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...