Tuesday, December 14, 2010

All Wrapped Up

Good day friends! How goes the Christmas craziness in your neck of the woods? It's full swing here in my world. Today's task was gift wrapping. I only got a few done but at least now I have a "look" to work from for the rest of the packages.

My inspiration? Macaroons. Yes, you read that right.


I'm in love with these fluffy little treats and their perfect pastel colors. And I thought they would make a great starting point for a lush palette of Christmas presents, with silver thrown in for some sparkle.




I mean, how could you not love these little beauties? Perfection on a plate!





The sad thing is, I've never actually eaten one. Would macaroon-making make for a good blog post in the near future? I'm thinking yes : )


Anyway, here's how my macaroon-inspired presents turned out...






All the wrapping is from Michael's. I just used plain white craft paper as the wrapping paper, and found this glorious scalloped ribbon in aqua and silver.


The ornaments are in perfect macaroon shades, and I especially love the glitter doves. They were chipboard cutouts in a pack of 5 for $1 and I just smeared them with some Elmer's and went mad with the glitter. Festive, no?




You'll recognize the little tags from my vanilla sugar post. I really like the shape of them, especially with the bitty alphabet stamps.



Well, that's all for now folks. What do your Christmas gifts look like?

{live beautifully}
Courtney
P.S. My lil $20 gift is being featured over on My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia today! I'm beyond flattered! : )

I'm linking to the Tuesday's Treasures party at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I don't know if I would want to unwrap the gift!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made them! They take a little practice :) Maybe we can have a macaroon making date when I'm home for xmas?! call me :)

    ps love your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/14/2010

    Mom says....

    1)These are beautiful gifts!
    2)I'm simply thrilled that you happen to be living under my roof at this moment in time so that those beauties grace the foot of my Christmas tree!
    3)I'm as proud as I can be that you are being featured on another blog! You go girl!
    ~~xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12/17/2010

    Mira says....

    Hello! I haven't had time to check blogs very often this fall...busy with so much. Congrats on the future wedding! Enjoy planning...I loved every moment and I bet you will too.

    Have you printed out any of the free Christmas labels from Jones Design Co? I am using those tags on a red/white herringbone paper with red/white string to wrap it all up. I have red and white enamel pots around the bottom of my tree and have filled those with gifts. Fun look.

    Your gifts are adorable.

    I scored at the Maxx this week two little clear numbered candle holders with a weather gavalized edge at the top for 1.49 each. Remind me of a small, clear version of your bucket from Dandurands. I usually shy away from the Maxx this time of year since it is typically cleaned out pretty well, but I needed some socks for a gift.

    Enjoy the holidays. We start our two week break today, so I plan on loving every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love macarons - and your wrapping..
    Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gifts are adorable! And macaroons, when made properly are AMAZING. When not made well, they are awful. Just a warning in case you end up trying one somewhere and they don't taste great. But I highly recommend trying to make them yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It completely makes my day to hear from readers! {I usually respond to comments by email. If you're using blogger, make sure that your email is visible for replies. You can change this in your profile settings. Thanks!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...