Fall is my favorite time of year. There is just something about autumn that makes my soul come alive and sing. The colors on the trees. The changing of seasons. The crisp, cool air. Something about it feels like the world was meant to feel.
Of course, I also love to decorate for autumn. And if you've ever been to my house any time from September through November, you know I go ALL OUT. But this year is different since I'm living with my parents and planning a wedding. I haven't gotten to do my usual "autumn is better than Christmas" decor routine.
But as all the boxes were being carried out of my apartment, I managed to grab just a few things out of the fall decor bin. I made an ever-so-small little vignette just to satisfy my own craving. And then of course, I photographed it for you.
So here's my subtle nod to fall in the midst of wedding planning mania...
- Burlap bucket from Dandurand's in Wichita, but you can find them here
- Number 4 pail from Dandurand's in Wichita, but you can get them through her, I think
- Galvanized planter from Target dollar bin
- Autumn leaves from Dillon's (like Kroger)
- White geraniums are my mom's, from Memphis antique mall
- Pears from my parents' backyard : )