Saturday, August 21, 2010

Picture Perfect Lake House

Hello there friends! I wanted to share some photos of my trip to Tablerock Lake last weekend. My best friend's family owns a beautiful lake house there and it is everything a lake house should be and more. Her grandma has filled the home with lovely vintage finds, and it's an eclectic, comfortable mix that makes you want to relax and stay a while.

Come in, won't you?

These peaches sitting in the screened-in porch and bathed in morning light were just calling out for a photo session.





The living room.

Grabbing a quick breakfast before heading out on the boat.

Kitschy kitchen.

She had a great collection of ceramics.

Fun trinkets on the coffee counter.


I loved how she added interest to this corner with the gathering of pictures. Note the feathers in the plant : )

This was probably my favorite vignette. The giant book is a very old, very large Bible.

My new beach bag. I loooove it. Very Dash and Albert-esque. From Dandurand's in Wichita.

Above-cabinet display.

Fun and funky.

Lovely dining table.

Entrance way with the guest book. They have guests and family at the lake house just about every weekend in the summer.

I loved the old wooden tray/box holding all her magazines.

Weathered cabinet in the screened-in porch.

Table in the porch.

Porch sitting area. Comfy cozy.

I have been searching everywhere for a weather vane like this! Love it!
Possibly my fave photo.

Avacados for the best guacamole ever!

Funky wire basket perfect for keys and such.


The girls.

You've not lived til you've had Annie's homemade salsa! Amazing!

I had so much fun on the lake and enjoying the beautiful scenery, inside and out. Hope you enjoyed the tour!

{live beautifully}

Courtney

5 comments:

  1. Love these photos! I felt like I was there with you girlies! Miss youuuuu... can't wait to see everything you told me about last night ;) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/21/2010

    Mom said.....

    I wouldn't have guessed Grandma Van B. for a vintage decorator - what a great place! You know me, love those bunnies on the outside weathered cabinet!

    Glad you had fun!

    ~~xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/22/2010

    Loved seeing the wonderful pictures of my house Courtney.Glad you enjoyed yourself.I LOVE your blog..HVB You are very talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing is quite like the great TRL...love your blog, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10/04/2010

    Nice photo shoot. Fond memories of reunion with a few AOT's came to mind as I wandered through your house tour. H. and F. were great hosts. View from the terrace was so peaceful that hardly a word was said. A new record for our group!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It completely makes my day to hear from readers! {I usually respond to comments by email. If you're using blogger, make sure that your email is visible for replies. You can change this in your profile settings. Thanks!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...