Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Hive-Making Part 1

Happy Monday to you all! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day!

Today I'm linking to the Nifty Thrifty Tuesday party over at Coastal Charm. Check out the fantastic and chic thrift store finds other ladies have come across recently. So much great stuff (and to think I never even knew til a couple weeks ago!).

I've decided to do a little series on Happy Hive-Making ... aka how to create a welcoming and (my fave thing) ultra-relaxing home. I was inspired by Beth over on her blog, where she gives some great tips on hospitality and creating a welcoming home. My Part 1 is all about setting the tone and creating the ambiance. And this calls for what else? Music!

Now, I know music is not exactly decorating, but there's something about having just the right playlist going in the background that makes those new curtains a little cuter, the wall colors a little more gorgeous and the mood even more relaxed. It's the place to start for happy hive-making! Here are some of my very faves:

1. Peter Bradley Adams
This crooner melts my heart every time with his incredibly original songs and haunting voice.

2. Joshua Radin
He might be my current favorite. So soothing.

3. Ray LaMontagne
He has such a unique voice with a raspy, calm quality.

4. Iron and Wine
Can you tell, I'm a sucker for indie folk!

5. Nickel Creek
My all-time favorite, hands down. They broke up a few years ago, but their stuff is still the best out there.



That's it for Part 1! Be sure to check out these fabulous musicians and tell me what you think! What do you put on when you want to create just the right ambiance?



{live beautifully}

Courtney

PS- Ballard Designs is giving away a $10,000 shopping spree! I know I'll be entering every day til July 31 : )

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about music! I have my few "go-to" CD's when we're having guests :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice - music can certainly set the "tone" in our home. I'm a big fan of Josh Groban, Michale Buble and Harry Connick JR. I'm going to have to check out your crooner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you...lovely blog here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It completely makes my day to hear from readers! {I usually respond to comments by email. If you're using blogger, make sure that your email is visible for replies. You can change this in your profile settings. Thanks!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...