Saturday, May 15, 2010

Favorite Things Friday...Er...Saturday

Sooo my Friday kind of got away from me! Sorry for the delay on Favorite Things Friday (since I know all seven of my fab followers were holding their breaths in anticipation ; ). But I do have a very good reason for the delay, which you'll discover soon...

First of all, let me say that garage sale-ing did not go as planned ... it was really cold/kinda rainy here on Thursday morning and I think this kept people from opening up shop right at 8 a.m. I only saw a few sales while driving around in the early morning before work, so I have no fun treasures to show you : ( Hopefully there will be some next week!

And now without further ado...

Favorite Things Friday

4. My mom's cute entryway table

Ok, so maybe I picked out everything on the table and I'm a little biased, but I think it's pretty cute! We found these darling little bird finials at TJ Maxx after our garage sale. (I know, who goes shopping right after they've purged by having a garage sale? My mom and me of course, because we are the definition of "shopaholics"!)



I had stolen the little apothecary jar for one of my displays and when I finally remembered to bring it back we knew it'd be perfect next to the birdies. I am NOT a seashell/sea-themed person ... like ever ... at all. But I do love these beautiful sand dollars piled in the jar. They're pretty much my only exception to my no-seashells rule. (I know, it's super in right now, but it's just not my thing.) We collected all of them on our family trip to Florida a few years ago.

My mom just redid her entire living room and dining room (which looks fabulous!) and the entryway is semi-connected to it, so I think this cute display continues the update through. The table and mirror have been there as long as I can remember, but I think these fun pieces are perfect accents!

3. The honeysuckle covering my house


I live in a big Victorian-style house on a historic street, and the top floor is my apartment. The homeowner planted tons of these gorgeous bushes all along the front, side and back of the house. I love walking out to get my mail or going up to my apartment and getting to smell the delicious honeysuckle every day. And sometimes I take a little taste! It reminds me of when my grandma and I would suck on honeysuckle in her backyard when I was little.


2. My new wire urn!



I ordered this fabulous urn from this site a little while ago and it arrived today! And get this, it was only $26! Take that, $99 Pottery Barn version.


I have to say I was also very pleased that the urn was packed really nicely with a little thank you note and thank you stickers on everything. It seemed really personable for something ordered online.


Here it is in my kitchen. I think my poor little work table is getting to be more of a decorations table than a work table, but that's just how everything in my house eventually gets to be : )

1. My one year anniversary

I've been dating my best friend and love of my life for one year Friday, May 14! (See why my fave things got delayed?) I try not to be too "publicly sappy" but I thought this one definitely deserved a blog post. Matt is the most amazing, caring, sensitive man I've ever met who understands me through and through. What an incredible blessing!


Here's where we ate: Luciano's in Mulvane. We'd heard great things and had attempted to go there for Valentine's Day (that's a whole different story...) and were excited to try it. We both thought it wasn't quite as good as it could have been. The food itself was absolutely AMAZING, but the service was not stellar and the portions were tiny, especially for the price. It's not like Olive Garden or Carraba's where you could eat the leftovers of one meal for a week. We decided against the offered side salad or half-serving of pasta, and definitely regretted that. All in all, it was a fun experience though. We went to see Robin Hood after that, and we can definitely recommend it! Completely incredible!

Well, I think that about wraps it up for Favorite Things! What have you been loving this week?

Tomorrow and/or Monday should be a great post because I'm headed to my very first flea market tomorrow! Wish me luck! Hopefully I'll find lots of great treasures for super cheap : ) Photos/stories/finds to come!

{live beautifully}

Courtney

1 comment:

  1. 4) I just couldn't find such cuteness without you ~ thanks!
    3) Aww...sweet memories!
    2) Great find!
    1) Congratulations on 1 year!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It completely makes my day to hear from readers! {I usually respond to comments by email. If you're using blogger, make sure that your email is visible for replies. You can change this in your profile settings. Thanks!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...